formalmind Studio - Easy Requirements Management and ReqIF Editing
formalmind Studio (fmStudio) is a free Editor for Requirements Exchange Files (ReqIF). It is based on the open source Eclipse ProR, enhanced with Essentials, our suite of productivity enhancements for ProR. With fmStudio, you can:
- Manage requirements professionally. fmStudio supports everything you need for professional requirements management: Arbitrary attributes of requirements, linking within and across specifications, and the ability to integrate seamlessly with other tools.
- Directly view and edit requirements in the ReqIF format. ReqIF is an international standard for the exchange of requirements, and is supported by many commercial requirements tools.
- Easy to get started, plenty of room for growth. You will have fmStudio up and running within minutes. As your needs grow, you can augment it with many components from the Eclipse ecosystem, like test integration or UML model tracing. As it is build on an open platform, you can also create your own extensions.
Installation is easy:
- Make sure that you have Java on your computer. Note that you will need Java 7 or better for some features to work ( download)
- Download the version of formalmind Studio for your operating system available in the right sidebar ().
- Create a folder on your computer in a convenient location and call it fmStudio.
- Open the zip file that you downloaded and unpack it into the folder you created.
- The folder contains a file called studio (or studio.exe). double click it to launch formalmind Studio.
- The program will ask you for the workspace location. The workspace is the folder where your requirements files are stored. Pick a convenient location.
- Tip: Create a shortcut to the launcher in a convenient place, like your desktop or start menu.
Problems or questions? Then please contact our support.
Why formalmind Studio, and not Eclipse ProR?
formalmind Studio consists of the open source ProR requirements tool, with the ProR Essentials pre-installed. This had been available before, but users had to manually install the Essentials, after downloading ProR from the Eclipse foundation. We offer formalmind Studio for two reasons:
- Convenience. One download contains everything.
- Timeliness. We may include ProR features that have not yet been officially released, as we are not tied to the release cycle of Eclipse.
And of course, we will continuously improve fmStudio.